OurWitness DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT Policy
If you believe that content available on or through the website www.ourwitness.com (the “Website”) or accessible via links posted on the Website infringes one or more of your copyrights, you or your agents may submit a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notification to OurWitness, the provider of the Website, as set forth in this DMCA Policy. Please send a notification including all of the information described in this DMCA Policy (“Notification”) to our Copyright Agent by mail or email using the contact information provided below. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted the material addressed in the Notification.
Pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages and attorneys’ fees if you make any material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure whether content located on or accessible via a link from the Website infringes your copyright, you should contact an attorney.
A Notification should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity (or links to such material) and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material or link so that it may be removed or access to it disabled. If possible, please provide links to the exact location so that we may quickly and more easily locate the material or link.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications should be sent to our Copyright Agent at:
4470 W. Sunset Blvd., Suite 120
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Attn.: Copyright Agent
Upon receipt of a substantially compliant Notification, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing.
Notifications may be forwarded to users whose material or links are the subject of the Notification and to Chillingeffects.org.